Monday, January 18, 2010

A Shower, Mardi Gras and King Cake!

Hi ya'll, how was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?
My friends Lesli & Whitey are getting married in April so this past weekend we hosted a couple's shower for them. It went really well, thank goodness! I'm thinking if the teaching thing doesn't work out, I might start looking into event planning! I like being part of a team and planning things, as stressful as it can be. For the shower, everyone had their own part. I found the location and corresponded with the caterer. It was fun to work with the other girls in the bridal party and see it all come together...we made a good team!
Lesli and Whitey are both from the New Orleans area (Lesli and I were actually born in the same hospital!) so we did a Mardi Gras theme. We hosted the party at a bar called The Quarter...of course I didn't realize until the night before that the name is actually The French Quarter Bar...as in New Orleans French Quarter. Yes people, I am just that good. I plan things better than I ever thought possible! Actually it was a total coincidence and we laughed about it on the way to be the bar b/c I am an idiot. :o) Here are some pics from the shower.


Bride and Groom with most of the bridal party (missing a few guys.)

You can't have a Mardi Gras party without King Cake...flown in straight from New Orleans!


I woke up Sunday with a fever and no voice, which I still have. I always seem to get sick whenever I get stressed out and 99% of the time it's either bronchitis, laryngitis or strep. I'm hoping for bronchitis...that always goes away the fastest!
On that note, I'm gonna go cuddle with Toby on the couch. I hope ya'll have a fabulous week. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment