Sunday, February 21, 2010

A very low key weekend

How was ya'lls weekend? This is the first "grown up" Dallas weekend I've had in a very long time! (It always takes me a couple days after traveling to get back into the swing of things so a low key weekend was welcome.)
Friday night I went to happy hour/dinner with two of my girlfriends, Leah and Amanda. We had fun and after a couple drinks and yummy meals (the fish tacos were amazing!!), we called it an early night...or so I thought. My friend Ashley was having dinner with some friends in Uptown so I ended up meeting them and well, there went my 11pm bed time, oops! (This is not the "grown up" part of the weekend by the way...) I was trying to get to bed at a decent hour since I had an "early" morning Saturday.
Lesli had bridal portraits Saturday afternoon and she asked me to help Momma Istre since there were a couple props she wanted to use and it was a complete task just to keep the dress clean! (I call Lesli's mom "Momma Istre" because calling her Mrs. Istre just sounds way too formal.) Of course I went because I love doing stuff like that and I was flattered just to be asked! To say it was amusing and entertaining is an understatement...I think Lesli and I are kinda funny to begin with but when you add stress to it, it's just downright hilarious. (I'm sorry, Les, but it was funny. Next time I'm bringing a tape recorder!)
By the time pics were over, we were all starving so we headed to Corner Bakery at the mall. We had a slight little incident in the parking lot and well...let's just say if you wanna get a Prius, talk to me, Les or Momma Istre first, ha! By 10:00 that night, my bed looked much more appealing than the outfit I had to picked to go out in so I turned on the Nanny and called it a night. Les' pictures are going to be absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to see them!
Today has been low key, I've decided that no matter what, Sunday is always going to be a naturally lazy day. Toby and I have spent much of it on the couch and I've been researching jobs and so forth all day.
Please pray that I get an interview somewhere this week. I told God today I was only kidding when I said I would be picky about choosing a job. At this point, I'll take anything I can get as long as it'll pay my bills!
I hope ya'll have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment