Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have an obsession...

I am obsessed with home decor lately. I have no idea why. I'm not moving, I love my apartment and I have no need or desire even, for anything different or new! I love my furniture, I love how cozy my place is (the only thing I wish I had was hardwood floors but that's not gonna happen in an apartment!) But lately I find myself on home decor websites constantly. HGTV is always on my tv.
I actually have always loved looking at houses. I think I actually wanted to be an architect until I was 8 and discovered math would be involved. So then I focused on psychology and that went out the window as soon as I discovered I'd have to be in school for 8+ years.
Anyway, back to the point...I have been obsessed with home decor lately!! I've already decided I want a chandelier in my next bedroom. I absolutely love chandeliers (hence part of the name of this blog.) I just love the look. This is one of my favorites:










This is my bedroom set.




I've had it for over 3 years and I still love it!! So why do I feel the need for change?!?
I love this bedroom too. I found it on hgtv.com and it's designed by Kenneth Brown. To make it more "me," I would put up girlier (is that a word??) pictures and put a cute little neutral deep seated chair in the corner with purple accent pillows! And of course, put up my chandelier!! :o)

Would that even be cute? Or not so much? I can't really decide. Maybe I should stick with my current set and the chandelier or my original idea of gray, white and pink. Don't ya'll love how I'm talking about all this like it's an actual possibility I might do this??
I love this bedroom too...





















And this one...




















It's a good thing I'm not actually in the market for a new set. I am obviously quite confused on my what my style actually is....
I promised my mother I would stop feeling sorry for myself and actually start living my life again so I'm headed out the door because it's just not healthy for me to go this long without wearing any makeup. Ya'll have a good night! :o)
PS-Is the blanket on the bed in that picture purple or brown?? I thought it was purple but now it kinda looks brown...in my bedroom it'd be purple! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment