Friday, February 5, 2010

Cold Callers Love Me

Okay, have ya'll ever dealt with something that's just annoying and no matter what you say, the issue won't go away???? Before I give any one of my dear friends or relatives a complex, let me elaborate.
I have this 1000000 number calling my phone. It has called me everday for the past 2 weeks at least 3 times a day. At first I just ignored it but this number literally called me 4 times the first day so by the 4th phone call I literally thought "oh no! I wonder if one of my friends is in jail and I'm their collect call!!" My friends and I don't exactly make a habit of going to jail (I'm knocking wood as I type this) so as to why that was my first thought, I have no idea. Anyway, the fourth time they called, I answered.
Ya'll, it was my cable company trying to sell me an upgraded cable and internet package. Completely annoyed, I politely declined and asked to be taken off their calling list. So much for the gazillion scenarios I had imagined. I was hoping it was the love of my life calling to tell me that he couldn't live another day without me. The fact that I haven't met the "love of my life" yet is besides the point. It was just my stupid cable company.
Anyway, it's been 2 weeks of non-stop calls. Every day. Even on Sundays!!! They just won't go away. I have told them I lost my job. I have said "I'm not interested." I have said "no thank you." I have said "I have asked to be taken off this list. Please stop calling me." Yesterday I asked them what language I need to speak for them to get the point. (That was rude, I know. But it was 7:30 in the morning!!)
Today I resorted to something that probably made my grandparents turn over in their graves. I used inappropiate language. With a person I don't know!!! I'm sorry Grandma & Grandpa Christensen, Grandpa Dalton and Grandpa Mignano!! It wasn't too bad I hope...according to the Webster's dictionary, the word I said can also be defined as "a body of water confined by a barrier."
I feel bad. It must be awful to be a cold caller. I know I would hate that job. But seriously?? 3-4 times a day?? And they literally just called me again. Just now. And it was just now I was informed that it takes 30 days for the "do not call list" to process. So does that mean I have to put up with this for another 30 days?!?!
People have worse problems, I know. This is minor. It's just annoying. And since the excitement of my day is going to the gym, it's even more annoying becuase I get excited about very little things. Including my phone ringing. Sigh.
I need to go to church.

I've decided to post one "Favorite Thing" after my post every Friday since I thought of about 20 more after I posted on Tuesday!:
My Favorite Things
**Fuzzy socks and cute pajamas! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment