Monday, April 26, 2010

Sometimes it's okay to cry

I had pity party 2010 on Saturday. And there was nothing pretty about it. But it helped...a lot. I sat on my living room floor and cried and cried until I was exhausted. A very pathetic sight I'm sure.
It was a gorgeous day and shockingly enough, I didn't want to be on a patio. I was quite okay with being holed up in my apartment with my dog and Sex and the City DVDs. That sounds pathetic but sometimes you just need those days, you know?
I spent most of the afternoon being alone and sad. And when I had enough of that, I called a bestie, Jana and my sister, Lauren.
After both conversations I was just tired. But they each told me I needed to get out of my head and do something with myself so I met up with my friends Ashley and Price for a couple drinks. I have to say, it was nice to distract myself for a couple hours.
Sunday was better. I met my friend Tracy for brunch, rehashed my pathetic Saturday and then came home and took a very long nap.
A lot of people think crying is a useless emotion and sometimes it is. But sometimes it's exactly what you need to do to move forward. And if it makes you feel better, then what's the harm?? I was raised to focus on the good in my life, not the bad. I'm blessed and I know it. If I don't want other people to feel sorry for me, then I shouldn't feel sorry for me either. All that being said, sometimes a personal adult pity party is all it takes to get back on track. Ladies and gents, I am living proof of this.
For those wondering, nothing bad happened. This whole debacle had to do with the no job thing. I woke up on Friday with a second interview scheduled for today with an amazing company. I was picking out my outfit for the interview when they called to reschedule. As I'm on the phone with them, the company I interviewed with when I had bronchitis and coughed all over the VP called me. Why? I don't know. They have yet to return any of my calls. Extremely frustrating but my Dad tells me a phone call is a good thing. This whole process is just mean. It's emotional, it's exhausting and people tell you things you want to hear even when they're not true. It's like a bad relationship.

2 comments: