Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Weekend

Sorry I've been MIA friends.  My Mom came down last Wednesday to help with things and give me some TLC.  I don't care how old I get, a Mom-made home cooked meal will always make me feel better!  My Dad drove in on Friday so Bugs and I had a good, parental filled weekend.
My Mom got to meet my physical therapist Friday morning and get her insight, which is good, because Saturday I was down and out for the count.  Back spasms all over the place.  I'm kinda glad my parents got to see how much pain I'm in sometimes but I'm sad I slept most of the one afternoon they both were here!  Back pain knows no boundaries...
On the bright side, I did wake up to a newly painted downstairs wall (thank you Daddy!!), fully stocked fridge and dinner in the oven (thank you Momma!!)  Love. My. Parents.
It was a good weekend and I'm so grateful for my family.  I think I've talked to at least one family member since my "accident," whether it be my parents, my sisters, my Granny or my Aunts and Uncles.  We may be all over the country but I know if I called and asked any of them to come help me, they'd be there.  There are no words to describe how comforting that is. 
Now, of course, with a new post, comes a new dilemma. 
This is serious. 
My shoes are mocking me. 
99% of the pairs I own are heels.  (Nevermind the fact I'm 5' 8 1/2" and self conscious about my height. Details people.) Obviously, I can't wear these said shoes.  Lucky for me, it's 2012 and I can shop for flats from the comforts of my own couch, on ice and with wine.  Done, done and DONE.
I bought these gems yesterday:    
Sam Edelman Beatrix Flats

Today I decided I needed "Yay, my back is cured and I can wear heels again!!" shoes so I got these:
I love them! (And to be fair, I've had my eye on them for a while.  I just needed a good reason to buy them.)
If ya'll know of any good place to buy flats, please share!  I am quite desperate and don't want to spend a ton of money.  Plus, I just don't have the same love for flats as I do heels. (Now boots...boots is a different story.)  But all the same, please let me know of any favorites you may have that will help me through the next 5-6 weeks! 
I hope ya'll are having a fabulous week. Happy Wine Wednesday :o) 

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should have waited until your back is actually cured????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's motivation! I may just carry them with me once they get here so I push myself a bit at therapy.

    ReplyDelete