Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fashion Holiday in New York

Costume Insitute Gala 2010. Ya'll have to know I was on pins and needles patiently waiting for pictures of the fabulousness that is the Costume Institute Gala to go public this morning. If only the stupid thing was televised...I'm gonna have to talk to someone about that.
Anyway, it was. Pure fabulousness. Now I know my taste in fashion may not be everyone's cup of tea. (There are no hard feelings, I promise.) Fashion, like beauty, is an opinion. If everyone agreed with everyone else about what looked good, then well, we'd all look alike and that's just boring...not to mention creepy.
I believe in having fun with fashion choices because what's the point of fashion if you can't have fun with it?? What's the point of dressing up if you're always going to wear a black dress?!
Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now. Without further adeiu, here are my most favorite gowns of the night.


Brooke Shields. This woman just gets more and more beautiful! I LOVE this dress. The metallic color is absolutely gorgeous, the shimmer is glamorous and the modest neckline combined with the slinky cut is pure fabulousness. Absolute Perfection!




Blake Lively. If I could wear this dress, I would. The color is amazing, the ruffle floral detail is exquisite and seriously, how much more gorgeous can this girl look?? I love that she picked something so daring and bold. You can't wear dresses like this forever and I love that she's doing it while she can. Glamorously Bold.



Giuliana Rancic. We know how I feel about ruffles and floral details. I love that this dress is quiet sassiness. The color is stunning, the hemline floral detail is gorgeous and the bustline is the difference between unique and basic. If I ever get married, I want my dress to look something like this! Fabulously Chic.



Jennifer Lopez, oh how I love thee. The look of this dress was so soft but oh so stunning. I love the details on the sweetheart neckline, the silver color of the bodice and can we please mention how gorgeous the leaves were on the skirt of the dress?? So unexpected. LOVE this dress!! One of my new favorite color combos. Absolutely Glamorous.



Jessica Szohr. I gasped when I saw this dress. The color combo is absolutely fabulous, the floral detail on the bodice traveling to the skirt is perfection and this is the most perfect dramatically glamorous dress I have ever seen. The slim bodice and full skirt are a perfect balance of gorgeous, sexy glamour and who doesn't want that?? Dramatic Fabulousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment