Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Confessions


**This morning I noticed my waistline was a bit...thicker than normal.  I knew swelling was a potentional side effect from the injections I got yesterday but what I DIDN'T think about was the fact that my jeans wouldn't be able to button.  Thank you Lord for elastisized leggings and roomy tops!

**If my nails aren't painted, I tend to bite them.  Therefore they need to be pretty 24/7.  As a result of last night's pathetic attempt, I am sporting the world's worst excuse of a manicure today.  I'm embarrassed.  But not embarrassed enough to pick the polish off. 

**Last week I went home to find the tail end of all time classic movie on tv.  I was so distraught I missed it (and didn't record it) that I ordered the DVD from amazon.com.  That's right people..I am now the proud owner of this 1989 classic:
Be jealous. :o)

**I have been on a mission to find the perfect black boots for winter.  The ones I currently have  always fall down my leg and I look ridiculous.  I have super skinny calves (it's real attractive, lemme tell ya) but since I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, both my calves and my budget have made this quite the impossible task.  Anyone have any ideas where I could look??  I've tried DSW and Zappos but I do prefer to try them on before I buy them...

I hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend!!  Happy Fall Back :o) (Don't forget to change your clocks tomorrow night!)

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with boots on my chicken legs. I ended up asking every Asian fashionista I knew- they always have the answers for this problem. I got a pair of stretchy suede knee-high boots from a place in Soho and they've lasted me 7 years! I know that doesn't help you in Dallas, but I wanted you to know that there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'll be at the mall tomorrow for my eye appt and plan to look while I'm there. If I have to go to Soho, I'll do that too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne, you are a GENIUS!! I stopped looking at major retailers and went to Baker's in Northpark after my eye appt today. $80 later, I own the perfect boots!!!! Thank you for reminding me to look in un-obvious places :o)

    ReplyDelete