Saturday, November 24, 2012

Change

I don't deal well with change.  Much to my dismay, I am a creature of habit.  If I'm in the habit of cooking, I'll cook every night.  If I'm in the habit of drinking wine, I will do so every night.  If I date, I date a lot.  Same for working out and so on.   I'm kinda an all or nothing girl (who knew??)
I'm happy and thrilled to say one official week in the injections seem to be doing what they're supposed to.  I'm still getting a few spasms and moving cautiously but everything has been much easier to handle, even the plane ride to my parent's house (which, I won't lie, I was really apprehensive about.)
What I will not lie about is that I'm a nervous wreck.  My mom made a comment last night that I "seem to be going through the wine" which, trust me, I HATE, but given the past few months of my life and the changes on the horizon, I'm a bundle of nerves.
I think it's funny where life does take you.  In my interview with Penney's, my new boss asked me the most surprising thing about my career.  My answer was "the fact that I have one."  (I don't do fake answers in interviews.)  My point was that growing up, I thought I'd have the 2.5 kids, husband and white picket fence by now.  I don't and I'm okay with that.  Never in this life did I think I'd have a career, let alone a GOOD one! 
I'm grateful for my family's support and no joke, it almost brings me to tears when they don't act surprised I landed a great job with a huge company.  They've always had more faith in me than I do but I kinda prefer for it to be that way.
I wish this was a more exciting post but this is really just what's going on in my head and my life!  I've decided to leave Toby with my Mom for the few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas because I'll be nuts with the new job and I think he'd be thrilled to spend some time with "Grandma!"
I hope ya'll had a fabulous Thanksgiving and just in case I don't write for a while, I hope you have an amazing Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment