Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life is Fragile

There are many things I don't understand.  (Clearly that's another post for another day.)
Last night, a woman I've never met lost her husband in a car accident. 
I've followed Julee Turner's blog for years as I was inspired by her positive attitude during her struggle with infertility.  As corny as it sounds, I felt that I related to her because at a time when all her friends were having babies, mine were getting married.  It's hard to put on a happy face when you would do anything to be able to share in a loved one's joy on a personal level.  It's silly to think my wish for a significant other could compare to those who wish for a child but it is what it is.
Our wishes weren't in the cards for either of us at the time and her attitude really helped me whenever I started to feel sorry for myself.  On a happy note, Matt and Julee welcome Preslee Bell last November.
Last night, Matt Turner was killed in a car accident.
My heart hurts for them and I'm asking for your prayers.  Pray for Matt's family.  Pray for his loved ones.
For the life of me, I will never understand why a man who wanted a child so badly would be taken from them so early.
I trust in His timing and His lessons but for right now, I'm sad and angry.
In Matt's memory, please hug your loved ones a little harder tonight.  Put the petty, stupid arguments in perspective.  Smile at the things that make you happy.  Call someone you haven't talked to in a while.  Fight to be a better version of yourself every minute of every day.
I pray for Julee, I pray for Preslee and I pray that one day God will make sense of this tragedy.  I know how much I cherish the moments with those I love and I hope you do the same.
Bless this family, bless their friends and Lord, please carry them through this journey.      

No comments:

Post a Comment