Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not quite so ugly...

First and foremost, thank you so much for all of your support! I was incredibly nervous to post my last blog and ya'll made me realize I did the right thing for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the encouraging words and thoughts. I really do appreciate it.
I'd like to clear something up that may have been misinterpreted in my last post. (And I say this because I've gotten a few questions about it...I'm so perceptive, right??) There's really no polite way to say this so I'll just come out with it...I do not, in any way, shape or form want my ex back in this life...or any other life for that matter. I am a strong believer in the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
The point of my last post was to simply tell my friends and family what I'm struggling with. I feel pathetic and guilty for feeling the way I do. And it's more than the aftermath of my breakup. I have yet to have a relationship work out and I'm beyond tired of it. I'm tired of hanging out with a guy, then he disappears but still calls and texts, and then a few weeks later he shows up with a new girlfriend. I'm sorry, I thought you didn't want a commitment?? How could I not take that personally??
I'm tired of a guy saying how much he likes me but doesn't want a gilfriend. (I'm gonna call BS on that one but what the hell do I know?)
I'm tired of the run around. Be a man. Either you like me or you don't. I love how all guys think they're men until it comes time to act like one.
I don't like asking for help. I'm used to being the one who holds things together. I'm the peacemaker, the one who likes to be strong for others, and the one who gives my friends advice. I don't like asking people to be strong for me.
Now, before ya'll think I've spent the past couple days lying in bed watching sappy movies, I assure you, my sunburned skin would beg to differ.
As blah as I feel, I'm still a big believer in the fact that life is short. And being lazy and feeling sorry for myself will not do me any good whatsoever. (Now if it was a rainy, cold weekend, it'd be a different story.)
But this girl needed to get a base tan before summer really starts so the pool and I did a lot of bonding this weekend :o). Too much bonding in fact...I definitely need to increase the SPF-age of my lotion!
I hope ya'll have a fabulous week. Again, thank you for the love and support!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment