Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Toberson's December Vacation

I've decided that Toby will never, ever, ever take another vacation from me again.  I'm so grateful my Mom offered to watch him while I adjust to work at JCP but it is WAY too lonely without him and I do not like it one bit.
I do, however, take great pleasure in the daily updates (because a 6 year old Yorkie is so busy and obviously requires daily updates...Dear Lord, how will I act with human children??) 
I laughed out loud when my Mom called me yesterday to say "I think there is something wrong with your dog.  He slept under the bed all night, has ignored me all day and literally leaves the room whenever I walk in."
My response?  "Mom, I love him but there's nothing wrong with my dog.  He's just an ass." :o)  
I know EXACTLY how my Mom feels.  Dogs are supposed to love you to the point of annoyance and 7 times out of 10, I have to pick Toby up off his comfy spot on the couch and make him cuddle with me!  (There seems to be a running theme in my life with men/boys, human or not, in general.  GEEZ.) 
That being said, it's been 6 years so at this point, Bugs and I accept each other for who we are.  Below are the  texts I've received while Toby is "vacationing" in Chicago.  Seriously, never again.  I can't wait to see him! 
 
From my sister right before I boarded the plane to come back home.  I was 2.5 seconds from turning around.  STILL NOT FUNNY KATE!  (And she sent the picture the same exact minute I sent the last text...go figure.)

Mom's caption:  He likes laying in the sun. 
My response:  He's aiming to be blonde.


 
Mom's caption: He had a hard day!
 
Caption:  Hi Mom!  Hope you had a good first day at work!
 
In my next life, maybe I can be a spoiled Yorkie who's super cute and very loved???


No comments:

Post a Comment