Monday, April 23, 2012

My house is done!!

I am so excited to show ya'll these pictures.  I owe a HUGE thank you to my parents and my sister Lauren who worked their booties off Easter Weekend to get my patio and spare room finished.  (And just so ya'll don't think I was lazy, I was at the office working while all these changes were going on!)
 
My finished patio:




It's really hard to get a good picture of this area.  I feel like these pictures really don't do it justice.  The couch is on your left as you walk onto the patio and the chairs are on your right.  Before we put the furniture together, (yes, we!) my Dad power-washed the deck then he and my Mom painted the fence.  There's still a few things I'd like to do, like add twinkling lights around the top of the fence and maybe add some small plants but I love the way this space turned out!  I've already used it quite a bit. :o)

The finished spare room:       

I love, love, LOVE my new spare room.  Again, these pictures don't really do it justice but I promise, it looks SO good in person!  This is when you first walk into the room...and yes, that it Toby's pillow and toy in the corner because that's where he sleeps while I get ready in the morning.  I'm pretty sure he camps out there all day actually...  

This is the wall on the left side of the room.  My vanity area is on the right side with the patterened chair.  I LOVE my patterend Tar-jay chair.  It's so comfy.  And I like that the vanity area is kind of hidden too so I can leave it messy and no one will see!  (Although I try really hard to keep it organized and clean because apparently I don't like clutter in my 30s.)

Next up: my new "office" area.  I feel so grown up; I've never had a different room to put my desk in!  It's always been in my bedroom.  It used to be an antiqued white which was pretty, but it didn't work with the overall look of this room so well.  My Dad painted it a glossy black and now it fits the space perfectly.  I LOVE a cheap project. :o) 
We found this zebra print chair at Steinmart for $60.  In my opinion, that's fate, people.  We got the filing cabinet at Office Max and I'm thrilled with how pretty it is.  I searched high and low for a nice filing cabinet and all I could find were the metal ones that were not cute and WAY overpriced.  My sister and mom found this on one of their outings and it's exactly what I was looking for. 
We added touches to the other rooms and I'll show ya'll those pictures later in the week because I don't want this post to be obnoxiously long. 
I hope ya'll had a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment