Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Job Update :o)

It's day 3 of my new job so I think it's time for an update. I have to say, it's pretty intimidating to be the new person in the office. But, thankfully, I work in the great state of Texas where 70% of the population has never met a stranger. :o) So far, everyone has been really receptive and cautiously friendly.
I've been training for the past 3 days and the two allocators I've been shadowing are absolutely fabulous. They're both very personable and very good at explaining what exactly I'll be doing in this job. I still have questions but I'm meeting with my boss tomorrow to hash out all the fuzziness.
All in all, I'm excited! The atmosphere is so different from what I'm used to. There's no tension. No one races out the door at 5:00. There's no backstabbing. People hang out in each other's cubicles. You can hear groups talking and laughing and no one is telling anyone else to "get to work." I love that this company has a fun aspect to it. It's a very laid back, casual vibe but when there's work to do, everyone buckles down and gets it done. This is pretty much what I've been told is "normal."
I know it's only my 3rd day, but I'm thinking I could get used to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment