Friday, February 8, 2013

Recipes

Obviously, with me getting back into the gym, health has been a popular topic on my mind lately.
I'm lucky enough to work at an office where everything is at my fingertips.  It's a blessing and a curse, all in one.  I've enjoyed the luxury of having coffee shops and cafeterias at my fingertips.  That being said, it's not easy on the wallet.
A few weeks ago, I decided to start bringing my lunch and breakfast (and sometimes dinner) to work because spending $70+ a week on food is ridiculous to me.  And I'd so much rather get new furniture and save that money than spend it on things that won't matter to me in the long run.  Being financially smart is a learning experience and it doesn't come easily to me.  I struggle with making good choices everyday but I'm very happy with the ones I've made lately!
I started cooking meals for the week on the weekends again and I was so happy with the way they turned out that I wanted to share them with you.
Enjoy!
Giada's Turkey, Kale & Brown Rice Soup
Turkey Spinach Meatballs
Egg & Avocado Toast (I make this in the morning before I go to work and eat when I get hungry in the morning)
Personal favorite snack: I'll pack grapes, blackberries and 2 clementines in container with greek yogurt and drizzle of honey.  YUM!!  (Sometimes I add granola but it's expensive and I don't necessarily miss it when it's not there.)
To satisfy my sweet tooth, I munch on Cinammon Graham crackers  They're messy but do the job when I start to crave sugar.
I don't know if ya'll are struggling with maintaining (or getting to) a healthy lifestyle but I always appreciate when someone offers new recipes and insight to me so I thought I'd try to help others out too.  If you have anything to share, please comment!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! Hubs and I started bringing lunches and snacks too cause we were spending so much. I treat myself to lunch out of Fridays as a reward but it does save so much money!

    ReplyDelete